Open Enrollment ends in just a few days, but many Americans are unaware of the December 15th deadline. In addition, most people don't know that they could be getting $0 premium health coverage. We wanted to take a minute to highlight important facts like this, as well as dispel some common rumors- and there are many!
Due to the current political climate, there is more uncertainty around health insurance than ever before. With that being said, here are five important factors to consider when shopping for your family’s health coverage:
- Open Enrollment ends December 15th, 2017. This year’s OEP is 50% shorter than last year’s.
- There is still a tax penalty for the uninsured. This year’s penalty is 2.5% of your income (or $695 per adult and $347.50 per child). The Senate just passed a bill eliminating this provision, but it has yet to pass final stages, and would only take effect in 2019.
- The IRS will reject your tax return without health coverage info. Contrary to political conversation about removing the mandate, it is still currently in place.
- A record number of people are getting insured through the Affordable Care Act. 28% of those are new.
- Recent political actions will not impact your subsidy. Cost-sharing reduction (CSR) payments to insurance carriers were ended, but individual subsidies are still ongoing.
You may have heard (or seen!) that health insurance premiums are rising. That is true, but as a byproduct of that, individual subsidies are increasing. In fact, 42% of people buying individual health insurance could get a bronze-level plan for $0 a month! That’s right- FREE health coverage for almost 50% of those buying individual coverage!
Our team of licensed, experienced, and unbiased health insurance agents can find out if you fall in that 50%. We will also:
- Make sure you are receiving the full subsidy for which you’re eligible.
- Give you more plan options than anywhere else, including both Obamacare and non-Obamacare plans.
- Help you pick health insurance coverage that best fits your budget and situation.
- Make sure your health coverage is all set before the deadline (December 15th, 2017).
You wouldn’t face a legal situation without an experienced lawyer, why would you tackle something as complex as health insurance alone? We want to help, and our expert advice is completely free. Give us a call today at (866) WWW-IWEB, or visit our private health exchange at www.iWebQuotes.com.